Law office “Lotysh and Partners” provides legal protection of clients in criminal cases for economic, corruption and official crimes (malfeasances). Our lawyers have considerable experience of successful work in the practice of White Collar Crimes, and are experts in the relevant working groups on improving criminal legislation.
Protection against economic, corruption and White-Collar Crimes
The list of economic, corruption and official crimes in which we provide legal protection for our clients:
- Art. 190 (fraud) of the Criminal Code of Ukraine;
- Art. 191 (appropriation, embezzlement of property or possession of it by abuse of official position) of the Criminal Code of Ukraine;
- Art. 209 (legalization of criminally obtained property) of the Criminal Code of Ukraine;
- Art. 209¹ (violation of the legislation on prevention/anti-legalization of proceeds obtained through crime) of the Criminal Code of Ukraine;
- Art. 212 (tax evasion) of the Criminal Code of Ukraine;
- Art. 218-1 (bringing the bank to insolvency) of the Criminal Code of Ukraine;
- Art. 219 (deduction to bankruptcy) of the Criminal Code of Ukraine.
Corruption and official (official) crimes:
- Art. 210 (improper use of budget funds) of the Criminal Code of Ukraine;
- Art. 354 (bribery of an employee of an enterprise, institution or organization) of the Criminal Code of Ukraine;
- Art. 364 (abuse of power or position) of the Criminal Code of Ukraine;
- Art. 366 (official forgery) of the Criminal Code of Ukraine;
- Art. 366-2 (declaration of false information) of the Criminal Code of Ukraine;
- Art. 366-3 (non-submission by the subject of the declaration of the declaration of the person authorized to perform the functions of the state or local self-government) of the Criminal Code of Ukraine;
- Art. 367 (official negligence) of the Criminal Code of Ukraine;
- Art. 368 (acceptance of an offer, promise or receipt of an illegal benefit by an official) of the Criminal Code of Ukraine;
- Art. 368-2 (illegal enrichment) of the Criminal Code of Ukraine;
- Art. 369 (offer, promise or provision of an unlawful benefit to an official) of the Criminal Code of Ukraine;
- Art. 370 (provocation of bribery) of the Criminal Code of Ukraine.
Upon receiving a request for legal assistance:
- our lawyers will conduct fundamental research into the essence of the accusations and case materials in order to identify the vulnerable positions of the accused party and build a long-term defense strategy;
- we will develop a thorough legal defense position that will not require additional clarifications/corrections in the court of appeal or cassation;
- if necessary, we will organize additional studies that require special knowledge by specialized institutions/auditors to obtain expert opinions, include such opinions in the materials of the criminal case for the purpose of refuting accusations;
- we will carry out comprehensive support of a criminal case during the pre-trial and judicial investigation (including providing representation in the courts of the first, appeal and cassation instances) until the moment of reaching a positive result in the case.
Criminal Legal Audit
Conflict relations with state authorities, law enforcement agencies or contractors may arise both with officials and representatives of Ukrainian business. As a result, numerous court cases, groundless criminal proceedings, searches, interrogations, seizure of property and other assets are initiated.
In order to prevent the specified negative factors, we offer a specialized legal service: criminal and legal audit (due diligence), legal monitoring of the state of affairs of the client (a legal entity or an individual holding a relevant position), identification of probable risks, in order to implement the necessary preventive measures to build an effective structure of legal protection. Legal audit includes the provision of the following services:
- analysis of information and documents;
- identification of criminal legal risks;
- analysis of current law enforcement practice regarding the specified risks;
- provision of specific recommendations to minimize criminal legal risks;
- consultations on determining an effective strategy for further legal protection of the client’s interests.
Anti-corruption and criminal legal expertise
Given the complex situation in criminal cases, we recommend using such a tool of legal defense and evidence as an expert opinion provided by a recognized public expert in the field of law with a scientific degree.
As a rule, expertise is ordered in cases where the client is looking for an opportunity for additional confirmation of the validity of his own legal position.
Features of such legal examination are:
- the expert acts as an independent party;
- having involved a legal expert in a criminal case, the court will be obliged to give it an assessment, to confirm or reasonably refute the conclusions stated in it. The opinion of the expert can play an important role, because it is extremely important or even impossible to refute a well-founded legal position based on the intricacies of legal norms and law enforcement practice.
Criminal practice: the price (cost) of legal services
The price (cost) of legal services is determined depending on the complexity of the criminal case and the relevant stage of the case (pre-trial investigation, court proceedings, appellate or cassation proceedings, etc.).
While protecting the interests of our clients, we strictly adhere to the Rules of Advocate Ethics, all information and data in criminal proceedings are not subject to disclosure and are attorney secrets.
For matters of legal services, please contact tel. +38 067 743-27-66.
Legal advice is provided by appointment in the office of the Law Office at the address: Kyiv, str. 77 Sichovyh Streltsiv, office. 407.